Day 3

WOW...can I start the day over again!!??

Or at least this morning! I left the house about 45 mins before I had to be at work and was 5 mins late (I need to check on that time)! And since I was late to the huddle I got to clean the bathrooms at the end of my shift. Plus got a talking to from the boss. Said I set a bad example for the new hires. And that being late will not be tolerated. I am making note of this so to remember the talk with the boss on this day the first day of Spring, March 20, 2013.

Weather..raining and traffic was gnarly at the Churn Creek exit off of Hwy 299. Had to go right and make a U turn so I could get onto Churn Creek! Not taking that route again! Plus that time of the morning there are way too many school buses out, lots of stop and goes.


Today we continued working on profiling pogs.

What can I say..shake my head...One MOD says one thing.."looks good to me!"..Next the Visiting MTL say's hum...Don't know, just not right..he brings in the head of opening, she quickly says do it this way and count these...so that makes these pegs go here..Sigh..now changing it again..but hum..now it's still off...Pull another team member over and we both look at and we change it again. So that one panel was not finished (all the pegs were in their place didn't  get the price labels on). The same persons caused the issue with the strung beads pogs...argh..I read it and it said count from the top of the peg...BUT NO! you count from the empty hole below the peg! So that is how we all ended up doing that...well someone checked it and wow! They all had to be moved up! (which was done today).

Also the opening leader said to sign off on the profiled pogs, but the MTL said not to sign off till it's totally done with product on it. So some are signed and some not. eheh I didn't sign off on any due to what the MTL said.  I shouldn't be so hard on the MTL, she is new to the store but it does cause extra work for us Team members.

Side note..The bathroom cleaning was not bad. The women's was ok..I made the sinks shiny and took the fingerprints off the various paper holders etc. Only wiped down the toilets .no toilet brush to clean the poop off the sides.

The men's bathroom two stalls and a urinal. The toilets were not bad (but one stall had small wads of tissue with boogers and blood on it). The sinks were DIRTY, and the mirrors! The urinal was nasty. Yep I cleaned that and the back splashed floor around it. I had to sneak up on the floor around the urinal, didn't want to step in the wet stuff.

Now it would have been easier to clean if my vinyl gloves fit..they were large!! So almost lost one a few times in the toilet.

I did have some nice comments about how clean the bathrooms looked and smelled good! Made me smile! I did something right today!


ttfn

Comments

  1. Can't you bring a lawsuit against them? Get an ombudsman involved? Don't you have something to protect you in these situations that is happening to you and your fellow workers???

    I'd say something...Don't just sit and take it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings...

My Dad - Birthday and Surgery

Dogs....