house up date

Was up till 3 am!! Have not done that "on purpose" in a very long time! And was up and being an old school zombie at 7 ish am till the coffee kicked in.

Yesterday I took long nap after work. Woke up, had some ice tea, played some GW2. When it was cool outside, opened the doors/windows with fans on proceeded to clean. What was cleaned was the Garden window in the kitchen. So many spider webs, but they have served their purpose! Many flies were caught in them! Natural fly traps! Enough about the flies/spiders. I took out the rubber mat that came with the house and used that as a template to cut some pebbled vinyl wall paper. Looks nice!




The counter top back splash needs to be redone. it's coming off!

Next was the stove top..eww. Used my wood stove glass cleaner on it! Works pretty good!

While I was in the kitchen doing the above:

ALL the carpet that was to be taken out is OUT!! Thank you Kathryn! And sitting outside ..sure looks mighty fine in the front of the house now. I do match some of my neighbors, and even surpass many! Now there are about 5 of us who have a couch in front outside! Mine is hidden when Lucy is parked in front of it. I just might take a photo for the heck of it. [photo here]

Next: To paint the trim in the living room! Then start putting down the floor!

Note to Self: Need new batteries for my awesome camera my kids got me for Christmas (replaced the one my PIO's ate). A battery charger set up, for 4 of my most important tech tools. (key board, mouse, camera, mighty light) They take the AA and AAA bats.

ARGH!! learning about floors!!  Researching reducers for two areas of the floor! And flexible trim for around the curved brick wood stove platform. And...flexible flat moulding for under kitchen cabinets (the ones that are there (what is left of them) are eww from the dishwasher, sink (two times), refrigerator (ice maker), dog large water bowl, plant watering incidents (many other liquid based spills, floods etc) that have happened over the past 4 years.


off to work on this creaky young house...

ttfn



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings...

My Dad - Birthday and Surgery

Dogs....