Outlet mystery solved...


okay..it's late and to get ready for my diy home fixit task I did a google search on electrical outlets. I was prepping to replace two that are on connecting walls in the living room. While I was reading though fyi's a light bulb came on (in my head) and I thought humm...wonder if the two outlets are connected to the one in the kitchen behind the microwave...All the outlets in the kitchen are GFCI (?) with the red/black buttons. (I think there are 12 in the whole house?, I need to count them again!) I pressed the buttons on the non working outlet, nothing, then I pressed the one about a foot away and it did it's thing then went back to the dead one and it clicked! Plugged in the micro into that one and working!! But not the outlet where the mico was plugged into is not working...pressed the red/black buttons and now it works again. Went to the living room and yep both of those outlets now work!! YEAH!

This house has electrical issues and plumbing issues!! If something goes wrong it is one of those two things! All the outlets in the dinning area are dead till you flip the back patio lights on!! That one even the electrician couldn't figure out..said they were all working fine...(didn't know the back patio lights were on)...he leaves..I go back to sewing...oh wait a min the lights are on outside, better turn them off...huh? My sewing machine just turned off! humm...that is how I found out about that issue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings...

My Dad - Birthday and Surgery

Dogs....