Too real of a dog toy....

Got home around 10:30 pm Friday evening. Fed the dogs, tossed laundry in dryer, took out trash, fed the cat, started the fire....while tending the wood stove with one hand I used the other to play with mei mei, she was very playfull. So to get her away from the stove I reached over to grab a dog toy from their stash. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the tiny pink critter they love..but what the...wow that's a real looking toy, feathers and all...it was a dead bird snuggled in with the rest of the "babies". It was still warm. Must of just died and one of the dogs brought it in after I let them out after feeding. No, I didn't take a photo. I was too concerned in keeping the dogs away from it. In thinking back, they knew it was there! I did see them gently checking out their toys while I brought in the wood.
That is the 3rd dead bird. One was stuck under the hood of my car..well smushed. Recently there was a larger bird dead in the drive way and now this tiny bird. The same type that was coming into the house via the wood stove. Also had a bird fly into my living room window when the shades were up. I got them to stop crashing into the glass slider (have curtain up).

My neighbors have bird feeders and chickens...birds are all over the place! And another neighbor feeds the stray cats...I can see cats sitting around my neighbors fencing watching the birds and chickens. 

Come to think of it...I haven't seen the bat this spring. It liked to hang out near the garage.

TTFN


Named Soot. This tiny one would fly into the chimney. when let out of the stove it would fly out the front door and back into the chimney till I had a screen put on the pipe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings...

My Dad - Birthday and Surgery

Dogs....