January 10, 2012 was a sad day for me.



January 10, 2012 was a sad day for me. A chapter of my life ended with TNG's Saturday Night Fever (aka Disco) being helped over the Rainbow Bridge by the caring and loving Veterinarian, Dr. Heather Evans (At Home Mobile Veterinary Clinic) and her assistant Jennifer. I have had the honor of knowing both of these extraordinary women and trusting them with my pets for many years.




This chapter was of the short time I showed and bred Bernese Mt. Dogs. Not only letting go of one of the sweetest big goofy dogs I bred, this ends my Berner ways.

Her parents: dam Selene; her sire Corbin. There was a lot of both of them in Disco, not only in looks but in personality. Disco was a blend of them both in being a protector like her daddy and a silly bouncing berner like her mom. Disco was there for my son when times were tough here at home with my divorce. This is the time she was often called Bumper Buddy. Due to her doing the "Berner Bump" AND she would do it hard! If you had a drink or food in your hand when she bumped you, it was gone!!


Experiencing of having an animal euthanized at home was a good one. It still seems surreal the calmness, the feeling of not being rushed. Disco was placed in the back of my vehicle and I drove her to Sleepy Hollow Pet Memorial Park in Anderson.

This is the providential part: As I stepped though the door I looked up and saw a Bernese Mountain Dog appear from around a corner! Then a second later a leash and then his human! I was allowed to hug this ambassador of comfort. The couple were there due to one of their dogs just passed the day before.

Disco was removed from my vehicle and placed in the viewing room while I made arrangements for her interment.

The viewing was special. Disco was covered with a blanket, head resting on a pillow and her paws crossed. The room was quiet and peaceful. I said my last good byes. I then went out to the Rose Garden where Corbin's ashes are spread and soon Disco will join him. There I said to Corbin, your daughter joins you.


Thank you for letting me share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings...

My Dad - Birthday and Surgery

Dogs....