Trip to Ottawa, Great Falls Then Home


My flight from Ottawa was good!! But I do think that hot pink suite case is jinxed! First it was lost for a few days (delayed in Nebraska) on my way to Ottawa...but it did arrive in great shape..on the flight to Great Falls..it was crushed!! It is dented & one of the candle holders I bought in Canada was broke.

My trip to Ottawa was too short. I miss my grandson so much! What a joyful little one he is! Mike and Alysa are doing an awesome job in raising him! I miss him so much. I took a little bit of video (Alysa took the pics).

The Bio Dome was awesome! (Alysa, Mike, Virgil, Helen and myself did the tourist thing) Virgil loved it all! I had so much fun just watching him enjoy himself! Afterwards we went shopping till we dropped!

Virgil is a pro at shopping! He loves it! We went to the underground shopping center in Quebec, (several connected). That was a feet hurting experience! So much to see and all the walking, above ground and below!

I got to meet Mikes parents. Very nice people! Wish I could have stayed and visited longer with them! (side note..remember to remind Alysa about the Neem oil for Helen and Peters lilies).

When I go back I want to stay longer so there can be a couple of nights Mike and Alysa can just take off alone for a few hours.

*******************
Adventure of bringing Chase's truck home to California, while He and Tiffany are in Turkey for 2 years.

This is what my daughter Vanessa said about the trip from Great Falls to Jones Valley..."got into redding, ok well jones valley, at 3:30am. Drove 22 hours, basically straight through, only stopping for food and bathroom breaks. Montana was friendly, Idaho was beautiful, Oregon was boring. hahaha Glad to be back in California." I said, "I agree."

Some might say Idaho is a "boring" drive. Well not in the bald cliffs! Just before the bald cliffs there is green. And the rolling mountains (not the small hills) of gold/brown, it's pretty. Lots of sky.
As for the drive from Great Falls to California:
Vanessa drove about 75% of the time. I took over for her when she got too tired and then I drove the home stretch.

We did the Lewis and Clark trail!! We didn't take any main interstates! Made some wrong turns which turned out to be fun or just the spot we needed to be!

I couldn't handle driving on the bare mountain cliffs in Idaho. And then there was the "lake" in Oregon.... Shivers down spine. The storm. The wind. The scrary "Bates" Motels! So many little towns have them! The long stretch of 395 in the dark...X-files anyone? I kept checking to see if there was cell phone access or internet!! (there was).

While on hwy 299 we could see the orange glow of the fires in the Burney area. Somber feeling when seeing that,

TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramblings...

My Dad - Birthday and Surgery

Dogs....